I don’t know about you, but every time I run a race or long run all I want to do after is get my running shoes off! I look for the most comfortable shoes around or I bring cheap flip flops to the race with me.
Well, now I have an even better option! As a Bibrave Ambassador, I was lucky to have the opportunity to try a pair of OOfos OOlala sandals. I was quite excited, because I wanted to know what all the hype was about.
As soon as I got them, I was in love with the colour which is actually called Blue Jay. I love blue jays – the bird and the baseball team, so of course I was excited. I was also pleased that they matched my Honolulu Marathon shirt, but maybe that’s just a coincidence. 😉
If you missed my Instagram Story videos, I was surprised as soon as I put them on. So comfortable! Especially right after the 16K long run I did last week. I wore them all day and my feet and legs felt great. I was also impressed that I didn’t get any blisters from the straps, which usually happens when I try new sandals.
Here’s some more cool specs about these awesome sandals:
- Great for wearing before and after your workout – precovery AND recovery!
- OOfos help the feet to move naturally post-workout, cradles your arches
- Close cell foam – which means you can get them wet and water just drips off and doesn’t stay in the shoe, so no bacteria
- Absorbs shock with every step, reducing stress on your feet, knees, and back
- 37% more shock absorbing than traditional footwear foam
- Durable OOfoam holds its cushion its entire life
- Machine washable (cold water) – I haven’t tested this yet, but what a convenient option for cleaning the sandals after a full day at the lake/beach
So far, I’ve worn them after long runs, for walking to the grocery store, around the house, and just relaxing in the backyard. They’re actually quite functional and easy to incorporate with outfits, which is great because OOfos also offers MANY different colour options and a couple different styles. I know I’m going to keep wearing them until it gets too cold outside, and then I’ll probably continue to wear them inside because they don’t mark the floors. Going to keep on OOing! 🙂
Have you tried OOfos before? Or, do you have a favourite way to treat your feet after hard workouts?