Feels like a good time to think out loud (ramble) this week on the blog… So, here it goes!
- Have you ever seen a runner have a breakdown on a park bench? Well, now some of the nice folks of Calgary have witnessed such a fine moment. Yep, I had a little breakdown around 16K during my long run on Sunday and I just couldn’t hold it in. I seem to have a mental block (or a wall) around 16K and I’m not sure why. I’m going to try a different strategy pre long run this weekend to see if it makes a difference because this needs to change if I’m going to get my distance running done. I had 22K on the schedule, but managed “only” 20K because my form started to suffer and I didn’t want to aggravate my old left foot injury. Hoping this weekend’s long run will be better!
- On a more positive note, I’m happy to announce that I’ve been chosen as a Momentum Jewelry Champion level ambassador! Super excited to collaborate with this awesome company and other inspiring ambassadors this spring/summer. 🙂
- On the hydration side, I’m looking for your tips on the best sugar free hydration tabs/powder/etc. These things tend to aggravate my stomach big time, so I’m worried about trying them but also think I need to add some extra electrolyte love to my body.
- Went for my first bike ride of the season yesterday and I loved it! I seriously have so much fun cycling, I’m like a kid when out riding. I hope to start thinking about training for a duathlon someday, but of course the marathon training is first!
- I haven’t made any huge announcements in regards to this point on social media, but I wanted to put it out there now. There are 2 charities that I’m unofficially training/running my marathon for. I know I should make this more official, but I’ve had so much going on in my life that my mind and focus has been taken away from these things that I deeply care about. I know these are tough times, but if you can spare some funds please consider donating to the Diabetes Association in memory of my grandfather who recently passed. Or, I’ve also teamed up with JP’s Team to help spread the word and raise awareness for this great charity – Little Warriors. You can make a donation by going to this page here. (Keep an eye out here or on Twitter/Instagram for more details on this in the future 🙂 )
So, that’s my past week… just a few ups & downs!
Feel like sharing? Let me know what you’re training for and if you’ve encountered any “walls”. How do you get over the humps?