It’s that time of year again!!! December has started and now we’re counting down to the holidays. Are you excited?
To be honest, I am a Christmas crazy. I love the decorations, lights, movies, and music. I’m already listening to Christmas music at work… don’t judge me! 😉
So, with the holidays comes trying to think of the perfect gift for those special people in your life. Sometimes this can be stressful, but I don’t think it should be. Over the years I’ve tried to minimize what I buy and have really narrowed it down to purchasing gifts for those most close to me. Honestly, as I’ve aged I like to focus more on being together with those I love, and well, the food. I love the food. 🙂
If you’re still reading and thinking about what to get that special runner in your life, then I got some ideas for you!
– Race entries! For some runners (me) races become an addiction, so a race entry for almost any distance will make a great gift.
– Gift cards – for run or fitness gear, to a running store, etc. This is a great way for that finicky runner in your life to pick out his/her own gift. Trust me, we appreciate being able to get more gear… even if there’s no room in our closets.
– Books or fitness journals – motivational books or tracking journals are great for motivating us to get our butts out the door… especially in winter!
– iTunes gift card for creating some kick ass playlists
– Nutrition/protein – be careful with this one, runners are particular! If you see certain types or brands all around your house, go with those… otherwise, gift card.
– Hydration pack/belt
– Foam roller… love/hate, but we need this one!
– GoPro or selfie stick – does you runner love taking pics? One of these will brighten up their day and really up their running pic game!
– Electronics – does your runner need a new tracking watch? Maybe an iPod for music or cool headphones?
– Sticky9 magnets of your runner’s favourite pics – no, they didn’t ask/pay me to say this, I just love these for myself and for friends. They make a great little addition to Christmas cards or stockings too.
– Spirit of the Marathon DVD – seriously inspirational.
– Your complete support and love for us when we’re being crazy, hangry, training, etc. This one is the most important. ❤
There you have it! A great list to get you started on finding an awesome gift for the runner or fitness addict in your life. This might also be a list of what I want… but, shhhhh. 🙂
What would you add? As a runner or fitness nut, what are you hoping to receive this holiday season?