Immediately after reading this post by Fortune, I thought to myself ‘I should make a list like this!’ So, here were are a few weeks later (what happened to immediately haha) and I have compiled a list of things I would like to do this summer. This is not the Summer of Crystal, as that was in 2007, but I am going to try my best to have a little bit of fun this year because last year was a bit of a bust. I liked her list because it wasn’t all about having to do big things this summer, it’s a list of things she wants to do and enjoys. It helped me to realize that finding fun in this summer doesn’t have to be in huge activities or major trips, we can also do the small things and enjoy every aspect of those. Instead of not doing anything all summer just because I can’t afford Europe right now, do the small things and realize the fun that is in those too!
So, here’s the list… let’s hope I at least do some of them:
Go to Canmore/Banff on my birthday (June 18)– went to Banff and had a great day in the mountains
- Go to at least 2 Calgary Stampeders games – got tickets for July 1st so far!
- Go on a couple of hikes this summer in the mountains, take lovely pictures
- Go to a Calgary Vipers game for the first time
- Go to Sylvan Lake for the first time (I miss the ocean, so I need a body of water!)
- Volunteer at a couple of events – helping with YYC4SlaveLake and Sun & Salsa Fest so far
- Possibly another 5K run (trying to figure out a good one right now)
- See a little more of Alberta, maybe some day trips
- Go to Kelowna, BC for a little bit of wine touring and beautiful scenery (another body of water!)
- Hopefully get a little closer to figuring out some career/life/direction decisions (yes, this is a big one, but a girl can hope for some clarity to come out sometime, right?)
It’s by no means a complete list, maybe some other fun adventures will pop up in there and I will just have to do them! The point is to have fun and enjoy the small things that life brings, while trying not to have such high expectations. If the expectations are really high, then we will miss the beauty in the small things and be unhappy as a result. Strive for joy and let’s try to enjoy this summer, especially considering how short it is! 😉 ॐ